We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We will alert you when changes have been made by indicating on the Policy the date it was last revised. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how any nonpublic personal information you provide us will be used.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you for business purposes in connection with the provisions of our products or services. As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that are directly linked to personal information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect from the use of ATI’s products or services, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
The personal information that we may collect about you, or have collected about you in the past 12 months, varies depending on the context of our interactions with you. This broadly falls into the sources set out below.
Personal information is collected from the following sources:
- Account Opening Documents and Other Forms, which may include information such as your name, address, tax identification number, income information, net worth, investment experience, verification of background reviews by the Futures Clearing Member (FCM), educational background, and banking information.
- Account History, such as information regarding the assets in your account and your account's transactions, including the parties to a transaction, the positions held or sold, and pricing.
- Correspondence, written, telephonic, or electronic between you, us, and/or any service providers for your account.
- Financial Information, which may include bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and other Nonpublic personal information. "Nonpublic personal information" is information about you that we obtain in connection with providing you with a financial product or service for your personal, family, or household purposes. When you visit our site or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, geographic location, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our site or our services, including the pages accessed and links clicked. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our site and our services to our visitors and customers.
Information THAT WE OBTAIN FROM Third PartY SOURCES
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources. For example, FCMs will conduct third party verification reviews on certain confidential personal information and may share this information with us.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information listed above is collected for the following purposes, as applicable:
- For everyday business purposes, such as account management, contract management, website administration, corporate governance, and reporting obligations.
- To respond to your requests or provide you with information about our services.
- To communicate with you about the services.
- To provide support, personalize, maintain and enhance the services and the site.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements and policies.
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior and criminal activity.
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Services and to enhance, customize and improve our features, products and services.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose, or in the past 12 months have disclosed, your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliated Companies. We may disclose personal information with companies that are affiliated with us (for example companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). We may also disclose information that is collected between websites that we, or our affiliates, control.
- Organizations that Provide Services. We may disclose your personal information with companies that perform services for us, (including FCMs, administrators, custodians, accountants, or attorneys, as well as any other service providers for your account).
- Other Parties. We may disclose your personal information with other parties to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the legal rights of (or otherwise participate in a legal process pertaining to) our company, our employees, our agents, our customers, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, or to protect against fraud; or with your consent.
LINKED THIRD PARTY SITES
We may provide links to other third-party websites through the services solely as a convenience to you. However, such linking does not mean, and should not be interpreted to mean, that we endorse, are affiliated with or make any representations concerning such third-party websites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the services, you do so entirely at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any consequences arising from use of any third party websites to which the services link.
We generally retain personal information for as long as necessary for achieving the purposes for which it was collected or processed, unless a different retention period is required by applicable law.
Protecting Confidentiality and Security
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information we have about you. We treat this information in a confidential manner. We restrict access to personal information about you to employees who have an appropriate reason to access it, such as to administer your account or offer our products and services. We educate our employees on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal information. In addition, we require third parties with whom we share information to:
- Maintain policies and procedures designed to assure only appropriate access and use of information about our customers.
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic information of our customers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies to your personal information (i.e., an exception described in the next paragraph does not apply), we provide this additional information so you can understand and exercise your rights under the CCPA.
When the CCPA applies, California residents will have the following consumer rights:
- Right to access personal information.
- Right to deletion of personal information.
- Right to prohibit the sale of personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
You can submit requests to exercise these rights by emailing us at ComplianceGroup@advance-trading.com. Upon receiving your request, our Compliance Team will verify your identity (or authorization to act as an agent) and discuss your request. We may be required to keep copies of some data due to federal laws and regulations mandating recordkeeping practices.