We reserve the right to change the provisions of this Policy at any time. We encourage you to review this Policy from time to time to make sure that you understand how we use your nonpublic personal information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you for business purposes in connection with the products or services we offer. As used herein, the term “personal information” means information that specifically identifies an individual (such as a name, address, telephone number, mobile number, e-mail address, or credit card number) and information about that individual or his or her activities that are directly linked to personal information. Personal information does not include “aggregate” information, which is data we collect from the use of ATI’s products or services, from which individual identities or other personal information has been removed. This Policy in no way restricts or limits our collection and use of aggregate information.
The personal information we collect varies depending on the context of our interactions with you.
We collect personal information from the following sources:
- Account Opening Documents and Other Forms, which may include information such as your name, address, tax identification number, income information, net worth, investment experience, verification of background reviews by the Futures Commission Merchant (FCM), educational background, and banking information.
- Account History, such as information regarding the assets in your account and your account's transactions, including the parties to a transaction, the positions held or sold, and pricing.
- Correspondence, written, telephonic, or electronic between you, us, and/or any service providers for your account.
- Financial Information, which may include bank account numbers, credit card numbers, and other nonpublic personal information.
"Nonpublic personal information" is information about you we obtain when providing you with a financial product or service for your personal, family, or household purposes. When you visit our site or use our services, we may collect certain information automatically from your device. Specifically, the information we collect automatically may include information like your IP address, device type, unique device identification numbers, browser-type, geographic location, and other technical information. We may also collect information about how your device has interacted with our site or our services, including the pages accessed and links clicked. We use this information for our internal analytics purposes and to improve the quality and relevance of our site and our services to our visitors and customers.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN FROM THIRD PARTY SOURCES
From time to time, we may receive personal information about you from third party sources. For example, FCMs will conduct third party verification reviews on certain confidential personal information and may share this information with us.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The information listed above is collected for the following purposes, as applicable:
- For everyday business purposes, such as account management, contract management, website administration, corporate governance, and reporting obligations.
- To respond to your requests or provide you with information about our services.
- To communicate with you about the services.
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, agreements, and policies.
- To prevent, detect, identify, investigate, respond, and protect against potential or actual claims, liabilities, prohibited behavior and criminal activity.
- For other business purposes such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our Services, and to enhance, customize, and improve our features, products, and services.
INFORMATION DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose, or in the past 12 months have disclosed, your personal information to the following categories of recipients:
- Affiliated Companies. We may disclose personal information to companies affiliated with us (for example companies that control, are controlled by, or are under common control with us). We may also disclose information collected between websites that we, or our affiliates, control.
- Organizations that Provide Services. We may disclose your personal information to companies that perform services for us, (including FCMs, administrators, custodians, accountants, or attorneys, as well as any other service providers for your account).
- Other Parties. We may disclose your personal information with other parties to comply with a legal obligation; to protect the legal rights of (or otherwise participate in a legal process pertaining to) our company, our employees, our agents, our customers, and our affiliates, to protect the safety and security of our visitors, or to protect against fraud; or with your consent.
LINKED THIRD PARTY SITES
We may provide links to other third-party websites as part of the services we provide. This should not be interpreted to mean that we endorse, are affiliated with, or make any representations concerning such third-party websites. If you decide to access any of the third party sites linked to the services, you do so entirely at your own risk. We shall not be liable for any consequences arising from the use of any third-party websites to which the services link.
We retain personal information pursuant to applicable regulatory requirements.
Protecting Confidentiality and Security
We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your personal information and treat this information in a confidential manner. We restrict access to your personal information to employees who have an appropriate reason to access it, such as to administer your account or offer our products and services. We educate our employees on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal information. In addition, we require third parties with whom we share information to:
- Maintain policies and procedures designed to assure only appropriate access and use of information about our customers.
- Maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to guard nonpublic information of our customers.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident and the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) applies to your personal information (i.e., an exception described in the next paragraph does not apply), we provide this additional information so you can understand and exercise your rights under the CCPA.
When the CCPA applies, California residents will have the following consumer rights:
- Right to access personal information.
- Right to deletion of personal information.
- Right to prohibit the sale of personal information. We do not sell your personal information.
You can submit requests to exercise these rights by emailing us at ComplianceGroup@advance-trading.com. Upon receiving your request, our Compliance Team will verify your identity (or authorization to act as an agent) and discuss your request. We may be required to keep copies of some data due to federal laws and regulations mandating recordkeeping practices.